Thursday, February 4, 2010

Apology to the Pig


It was December and we were in Bogota, the capital city. So we went to the market. It was a huge market that sold vegetables, fruit, fish and the most meat I ever saw. And so we were in a tienda (a little shop) to buy an advent wreath frame and right next to it was a butcher. My mom was walking around the Christmas shop. Suddenly…she bumped into someone heavy from behind. Mom said, “Ay, perdon SeƱor.” (which means, “Oh, excuse me sir!”) And guess who it was? It was a seven hundred pound, dead hog! And everybody in the store started laughing. I was laughing too. Even mom was. That’s my story. The End.


Ascher



1 comment:

  1. Ascher, I think you're already an author! I had dinner with your Oma tonight. She made a wonderful potato soup and terrific cornbread. Roberta Miller and I were "refugees." We had a huge ice storm on the mountain and we lost power for 3 days, so Fay had some overnight guests. Bob stayed two nights, but came home last night. Our power is now back on. Fay was able to get in touch with someone at Eagle Lake who says that her house there is fine. There are lots of trees down all over the mountain because they had so much ice on them that they cracked and splintered.

    xxooBev

    ReplyDelete